Re: [css-flexbox] anonymous flex item from contiguous table cells

On 10/13/2014 06:46 PM, Alan Stearns wrote:
> The flex items section [1] has a note that says that contiguous child
> elements with ‘display:table-cell’ have their anonymous table wrapper box
> become a flex item. But notes are not normative, and I don’t see any other
> text that covers this example. Perhaps the note should just be promoted to
> normative text?

That's a regression from the CR. Thanks for pointing it out.

I found the changeset responsible:
   https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/diff/dd7b53d4dd43/css-flexbox/Overview.bs

Here's the corresponding fix:
   https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/diff/02ec94250862/css-flexbox/Overview.bs

(I also switched us back to using 'display' instead of the longhands, since
we're planning to remove that from CSS Display imminently.)

Let me know if that looks good, or you have any other concerns or suggestions!

~fantasai