Re: [css-flexbox] Edits to testsuite have broken some submitted tests

On 05/22/2014 10:21 AM, Gérard Talbot wrote:
> One importantissimo detail.
>
> If the src file is an XHTML file, then

[...]
> http://testthewebforward.org/docs/test-templates.html#including-styles
>
> should be used so that problem-free XHTML-to-HTML autoconversion can be
> done.

Thanks. Does this mean I should operate under the assumption that all
submitted XHTML tests are going to be autoconverted and displayed as
HTML, then?

(If so, it seems like it'd be more worthwhile for me to manually convert
them to HTML myself, so that I can verify that they work & predict what
the result will look like.)

> As I understand this, the .htm versions can not be tracked. There is
> only 1 src for all tests and they are converted into HTML4 and/or HTML5
> and/or XHTML1 versions.

What determines whether it'll be "and" vs. "or", in the "and/or"
branches you mentioned above? Is there any way to predict into what
format a test will be converted? (or if it it'll be converted at all)

E.g. If I hand-convert my submitted tests to HTML & resubmit them in
that format (as I'm now sort of planning on doing), how do I know
whether they will be actually displayed as that HTML, as opposed to
being auto-converted back to XHTML due to some cruel twist of fate? :)

> The file name format is test-topic-###.ext

Ah, thanks -- I see that is documented here:

I'll add that numbering change to my list of planned fixes.

~Daniel