Re: [selectors] what is the combinator '/' IDENT '/'

From: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 21:43:48 +0100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 21/05/2014 19:51, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> But also has been discussed as a generalized way to fit conceptual named
>> combinators like it.
> And in particular, is the/deep/  combinator.  Simon, mind reverting
> your removal?

Oh, I didn’t remember /deep/. Done.

I did not find anything in the Selectors spec corresponding to '/' IDENT
'/', so I assumed it was accidentally left over from the removal of the
reference combinator.

The Selectors spec should include a section defining the general concept
of named combinators, pointing out that (like pseudo-classes and
pseudo-elements) they can be defined by other specs, possibly with a
note about /deep/.

--
Simon Sapin