[css-shapes] neologisms

From: Charles Lamont <charles@gateho.gotadsl.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 09:23:37 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
"6.3 Embiggening a Shape: the shape-margin property"

Look, I am fully aware of the origins and arguable (or more precisely
questionable) legitimation of 'embiggen', but really it is just too new,
not funny enough, and, frankly, just too nerdy to be allowed to
insinuate its way into a standard published by an organisation that has
any desire to be taken seriously.

I also think it unfair on the reader of the standard to put them in the
position of having to waste time thinking about whether the word is
inappropriate to the context, or whether they should just lighten up.

Possible substitutions include: 'expanding', 'extending', 'enlarging',
'inflating', 'swelling', 'augmenting', and no doubt there are many
others that would cause the reader less discombobulation.

--
Charles Lamont