Re: [css-flexbox] Better define the computed value of 'flex-basis'

On 05/07/2014 11:57 AM, fantasai wrote:
> Some more info:
>   This gives more useful information via getComputedStyle(), which
>   is probably a better use case than inheriting 'flex-basis'.

Note that getComputedStyle() returns the "used value", not the computed
value.

Perhaps we could specify that the *used* value of flex-basis should have
the property's "auto" value resolved? (...to the computed (not used)
value of the width/height property, based on the parent's flex-direction).

That would let getComputedStyle() provide more useful results (which
seems to be the main goal here), without introducing any weird
inheritance behavior, and without there being a bizarre difference
between "auto" in specified vs. computed values.

~Daniel