Re: [css-flexbox] Better define the computed value of 'flex-basis'

On 05/07/2014 11:57 AM, fantasai wrote:
> Some more info:
>   This gives more useful information via getComputedStyle(), which
>   is probably a better use case than inheriting 'flex-basis'.

Agreed on that point.

>   It does require looking at the 'flex-direction' value on the parent
>   of the element to figure out which of 'width' or 'height' to use.

This is unfortunate.

I'm also still uncomfortable with a single keyword ("auto") meaning
*completely different things* in the computed value vs. the specified
value. That feels wrong, and seems worth avoiding.

~Daniel