Re: [CSS3-Color]: RGBA as hexadecimal notation

Hi, TJ,

thanks for replying! Excellent!

Gee, for a common user it seems hard to track what's the latest in
development. Wouldn't it be feasible if W3C documents would not only link to
their latest/current versions of a document but also to their
standard/module successors (e.g. "Succeeded by:")? I was pointed to the
Level 3 edition of that document and nothing seemed to give a hint that it's
obsoleted by now.

Hmm, I can't explain what's happening to the brackets in my headers. But
from what I can tell: If others reply to my questions here, the brackets are
kept correctly in place. Perhaps something on the way to your mail server
doesn't like mine?

Have a nice weekend!
Axel

------
"Tab Atkins Jr."  schrieb im Newsbeitrag

[What's going on with your title? Is that some weird encoding for brackets?]

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 7:20 AM, Axel Dahmen <brille1@hotmail.com> wrote:
> like many others, I prefer to write color codes in hexadecimal notation,
> because the rgb() notation requires much more typing.
>
> For the CSS Color Module Level 3, wouldn't it be feasible, thus, to allow
> for giving an approximation to all possible RGBA values by means of
> hexadecimal notation, with "#***0" (or #******00) being equal to
> "rgba(*,*,*,0)" and "#***f" (or "#******ff") being equal to
>
> So ...

Already specified: http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-color/#hex-notation