Re: [css-counter-styles] implementation of complex cjk counter styles

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, it is wrong. Just revert this change please. The previous version is
>> at least acceptable, but this version is incorrect. As someone mentioned in
>> another thread, for 10,000,000, either "一千万" or "千万" is acceptable, but for
>> 1,000,000, they use "百万" only instead of "一百万".
>
> Neither of those numbers are affected by the change I described.

You said "if any of the digit markers are preceded by the digit 1, and
that digit is not the first digit of the number, remove the digit".
Doesn't it mean that, for 1,000,000, the first digit one will be
preserved? And also it may be a little strange to use "一千" instead of
"千" for 1,000.

In my latest implementation which has been accepted by Mozilla, the
rule for Japanese informal can be described as: if any of the digit
markers other than "千" are preceded by the digit 1, remove the digit.
If there is only one group, and "千" is preceded by the digit 1, remove
the digit.

Xidorn Quan