Re: [css-counter-styles] implementation of complex cjk counter styles

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 8:00 PM, Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Xidorn Quan <quanxunzhen@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Sorry, it is wrong. Just revert this change please. The previous version is
>>> at least acceptable, but this version is incorrect. As someone mentioned in
>>> another thread, for 10,000,000, either "一千万" or "千万" is acceptable, but for
>>> 1,000,000, they use "百万" only instead of "一百万".
>>
>> Neither of those numbers are affected by the change I described.
>
> You said "if any of the digit markers are preceded by the digit 1, and
> that digit is not the first digit of the number, remove the digit".
> Doesn't it mean that, for 1,000,000, the first digit one will be
> preserved? And also it may be a little strange to use "一千" instead of
> "千" for 1,000.

Yes, this has *always* been the case.  1e3 has always been written as
一千 according to this algorithm.

I just noticed, though, that this is inconsistent with how the
informal japanese and korean-hanja styles are specified in their
@counter-style block and the example table. UGH.

> In my latest implementation which has been accepted by Mozilla, the
> rule for Japanese informal can be described as: if any of the digit
> markers other than "千" are preceded by the digit 1, remove the digit.
> If there is only one group, and "千" is preceded by the digit 1, remove
> the digit.

Ugh.  It's not your fault, but I'm extremely frustrated that when I
ask 5 people for how to write a numbered list in CJK styles, I get 10
contradictory answers. >_<