Re: [css-backgrounds] Allow multiple border images

On Tuesday 2014-12-30 14:13 +0100, Sebastian Zartner wrote:
> Like for background images people may also want to define multiple
> border images to create some nice frame effects.
>
> This would require to change the syntax of ‘border-image-source’,
> ‘border-image-slice’, ‘border-image-width’, ‘border-image-outset’ and
> ‘border-image-repeat’ to take lists of values.

I don't think we should continually add more complexity to CSS
syntax to create more and more complex effects.  I think CSS should
instead do something more generic to solve this sort of problem that
doesn't require repeated additions of complexity to implementations
and to the Web platform, and that allows authors to solve this sort
of problem without asking for new features to be implemented in
browsers.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,