Re: [css-logical-props] logical properties in the 'all' shorthand

On Tuesday 2014-12-30 00:02 -0800, fantasai wrote:
> On 12/28/2014 09:36 PM, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> >Are logical properties set by the 'all' shorthand?
>
> Yes.

I'm not so sure they should be.

They're certainly incomplete properties in other ways, e.g., in
terms of not having (independent) computed values.

I think it would make more sense for them not to be included.

> >If so, are they set before or after their corresponding physical
> >properties?  This won't make a difference to their computed values (since we'll only be setting all logical or all physical
> >properties to inherit, initial or unset)

This presumes that things like:

  margin-inline-start: inherit;

are first mapped to the appropriate physical property (e.g.,
margin-left: inherit) and then inheritance is done on the physical
property.

I think that's the right model, but I don't see it specified in the
spec.  It should be specified.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,