Re: [css-grid] Undefined named lines placement

Hi,

On 16/12/14 20:22, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 7:55 AM, Manuel Rego Casasnovas <rego@igalia.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm reading the line-based placement properties [1] and I'd like to
>> confirm the behavior with undefined named lines.
>>
>> Let's imagine that we define grid-template-columns like:
>>   grid-template-columns: (left) 100px (right);
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> 2) grid-column: foo;
>>
>> [...]
>
> No, (right) is the last line in the explicit grid.  The *next* line
> will be part of the implicit grid, and will be treated as having the
> name "foo", so the item will go in the third column.

Ok, I think it makes more sense. As the explicit grid has 2 lines: left
and right.

Thinking in an example with negative numbers:
  grid-column: -1 foo / span bar;

Here grid-template-columns would be something like:
  (foo) auto (left) 100px (right) auto (bar)

So the item will take 3 columns, and the implicit grid will be before
and after the explicit grid.

I hope I'm getting it right this time.

Thanks,
  Rego