Re: [css-ruby] What does it mean for "ruby-position: inter-character" to force writing-mode to be vertical?

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Bobby Tung <bobbytung@wanderer.tw> wrote:
> 1. Do you have any use cases of having elements inside <rt> for
> inter-character, or just having text suffices the use cases?
> 2. If yes to #1, do you want those elements layout in vertical flow,
> or horizontal flow?
> 3. Do you have any use cases of having Latin characters inside of <rt>
> for inter-character?
>

> Quick reply, no.

Sorry for repeating questions but are you sure on #1? I remember you
put <span>s within <rt> to place Bopomofo tone marks correctly. Was
that issue solved somehow and you no longer need such markups within
<rt>? Mostly from curiosity but can you let us know how you solve
that?

I'm asking, because if all answers to these 3 questions are really no,
there's another possible way to handle inter-character just like
text-combine-upright, though I'm not sure if implementers are happy to
do so.

# BTW, I added pubic-i18n-cjk, I should have done so at the first place

/koji