Re: [css-ruby] What does it mean for "ruby-position: inter-character" to force writing-mode to be vertical?

> Personally, I think it bad design to have a value of ruby-position indirectly mutate writing-mode. IMO, it would be better to do nothing, and simply ignore that value (or use a default) if writing mode isn't already vertical.

I think "ruby-position: inter-character" is for Bopomofo ruby and the value do great help for layout in horizontal writing to make sure bopomofo ruby placed in the right of Hanzi, and do not separated by line-break. [1]

 And the specification may trace back to 1999[2]. If you have any better solution or suggestion, please let me know.

[1] http://www.slideshare.net/bobby3302/bopomobo-ruby
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WD-i18n-format-19990910/

Bobby Tung