Re: [css-inline] feedback on initial-letter

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 16:36:51 +0100
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>

> On 11 Dec 2014, at 15:59, Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 7:54 AM, Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net> wrote:
>> 5) Not completely sure what this means: "[...] and hanging-punctuation apply to the first line of text as normal in the presence of initial letters."
>>
>> Given this:

>>  p { hanging-punctuation:first; }
>>  p::first-letter { initial-letter:2; }
>>
>> Does the hanging quotation mark end up the same size as the C, or as the rest of the text?
>
> The pseudo spec [1]  says that ::first-letter also selects leading
> punctuation. So the hanging punctuation would be the same size as the
> "C".

I thought so, but using the term "as normal" threw me off, making me think you were maybe referring to the effect of the normal value of the initial-letter property, meaning it would be sized with the rest of the text.

Maybe you could consider rephrasing, or adding a short note to clarify.

 - Florian