Re: [css-gcpm][css-color] device-cmyk() interaction with RGB-space colors.

On 25/09/2013 4:27 PM, Dirk Schulze wrote:

> On Sep 25, 2013, at 7:50 AM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 10:29 PM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 25, 2013, at 7:20 AM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> We already have CMYK so the note would make sense in this level already, wouldn't it?
>>>
>>> Is there any support for CMYK as an output color space?
>>>
>>> Even though WebKit does not preserve CMYK (and transforms it into RGB) for CSS, it has proper CMYK handling in Canvas (in Safari). And CSS Compositing addresses Canvas as well.
>>>
>>> Really? Canvas is always RGBA; how would you create a CMYK canvas?
>>
>> You can specify CMYK colors for drawing and WebKit/Safari does exactly that. It draws with the specified CMYK colors.
>>
>> Sure, but you won't draw CMYK pixels. The color is somehow converted to RGB and then the operation draws with the converted color.
>
> The stroke operation for example is done with:
>
> CGContextSetCMYKStrokeColor();
>
> Greetings,
> Dirk

Ok, stroke operation for example is done with
CGContextSetCMYKStrokeColor() but a typical display device has RGB
pixels. There must be a conversion somehow from CMYK pixels to RGB
pixels or does CGContextSetCMYKStrokeColor() only work with printing?

Alan

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/