[css-page] Meaning of :first page selector (was: [css3-gcpm] Page groups, named pages, and :first)

Le 25/09/2013 16:59, Cramer, Dave a écrit :
> On 9/25/13 11:50 AM, "Simon Sapin" <simon.sapin@exyr.org> wrote:
>> This seems to assume that :first selects the first page of the group,
>> which is not the case. The Paged Media defines :first as matching the
>> first page *of the document*. This does not change when the pseudo-class
>> is combined with a named page selector. (The two are just combined in a
>> logical "and".)
>>
>> I agree that it would be useful to select the first page of a group, but
>> that is not :first.
>
> We depend heavily on this concept, which is used by Prince:
>
> div.Chapter {
> page: body;
> prince-page-group: start;
> }
>
> This ensures that body:first will be used for the chapter opener, even if
> the first page of the document was three hundred pages ago.

Do you mean that PrinceXML implements :first differently from what’s
defined in the Paged Media specification? Do you know what Antenna House
does?

http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-css3-page-20130314/#first-pseudo

Do you think we should change the meaning of :first in the Paged Media
spec and introduce the "page group" concept?

--
Simon Sapin