Re: [css-gcpm][css-color] device-cmyk() interaction with RGB-space colors.

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> >
>> > I think you meant to reverse that . RGB colors are converted to CMYK
>> > during
>> > the printing process.
>>
>> No, I meant what I wrote.  We *must* have RGB colors in memory, so we
>> can do compositing/blending/etc.  Those are only defined over RGB
>> colors.
>
> I see. Things like compositing and blending do not require color conversion
> though.
> If we extend filters, those don't require it either.

Compositing and blending are both defined in terms of RGB colors.  If
you think it can be done in CMYK space, that's cool, but it needs to
be defined, and we still need to define a sane behavior for handling
mixtures of RGB and CMYK colors.