Re: [matrix][cssom-view] DOMPoint, DOMPointLiteral definitions

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 01:14:53 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Robert O'Callahan
> <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:
>>> On Sep 23, 2013, at 3:24 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
>>> wrote:

>>> Hmm. This creates a problem: what does it mean to set
>>> top/left/bottom/right of DOMQuad.bounds?
>>>

>>> The bounds property itself should be readonly.
>>

>> That doesn't help.
>
> Yeah, that just means you can't replace the .bounds property with
> another object.
>
> WebIDL makes it remarkably fiddly to create an interface that should
> be readonly in some circumstances and mutable in others.

If we want the members of DOMRect to be mutable but only if it's not
associated with a DOMQuad's .bounds, that can be specced by having those
members check for the association and throw on setting in that case.

Is it sane to allow modification of a DOMRect that was returned by e.g.
getBoundingClientRect()?

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software