Re: [cssom-view] Correction and clarification for the coordinate systems of getClientRect/getBoundingClientRect

On Fri, 25 Nov 2011 01:12:06 +0100, Robert O'Callahan
<robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> The spec currently says to treat an SVG <foreignObject> as establishing a
> new viewport. Gecko does this, but Opera and Webkit don't.
> (getClientRects
> etc seems to not work inside foreignObject at all in IE9.) At least for
> the
> purposes of getClientRects/getBoundingClientRect, I think the spec should
> change to have <foreignObject> not establish a viewport. [snip]

Fixed. I think this didn't affect any other part of CSSOM View that use
viewport or initial containing block.

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/rev/92755512a865

--
Simon Pieters