Re: [css-flexbox] static position of absolutely-positioned flex items still "at-risk"?

On 05/21/2013 07:58 PM, Daniel Holbert wrote:
> The flexbox spec currently says:
>
>    # The following features are at-risk:
>    #  * Calculation of the static position of
>    #    absolutely-positioned flex items.
>
> This is in both the TR and the ED versions:
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-flexbox/#status
>    http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-flexbox/#status
>
> I think the static-position chunk of spec has remained the same for a
> while now -- is it still considered to be "at-risk"?

The WG discussed this today in the context of Grid Layout and
what we want to do there, and decided it would be best to
simplify the static position to be as if the element did
participate in flex layout, but were the sole flex item in
a fixed-size flex container of the resulting size of the
flex container after layout.

[Hopefully the spec ends up a bit more readable than that
insanely long sentence.]

~fantasai