What Media should [css-transitions] and [css-animations] properties apply to?

http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-transitions/ and
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-animations/ list some of the properties
as applying to "Media: visual" and some as applying to "Media:
interactive".  It's not clear to me which is better, or, frankly, if
either is correct.

Visual seems clearly wrong since per [1], it includes things like
print (on paper).

But interactive also seems wrong since:
 * it includes things like speech, where it's not at all clear to me
   how a dynamic change of an aural property could be handled, since
   the entire medium depends on presenting the document over time
   rather than all at once

 * it doesn't seem, based on the definition in [1], to include
   things such as a screen on which javascript can run and change
   things but the user can interact

Thoughts on what this should say?


[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/media.html#media-groups

𝄞   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   𝄂
𝄢   Mozilla                          https://www.mozilla.org/   𝄂
             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.
               - Robert Frost, Mending Wall (1914)

Received on Tuesday, 10 September 2013 12:47:28 UTC