Re: [CSSOM View] Units for window.screen

On Fri, 06 Sep 2013 15:52:01 +0200, Robert O'Callahan
<robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

>> On the other hand, changing screen.width when the user zooms seems
>> wrong.
>>

> Why?
>
> "CSS pixels at 100% zoom" doesn't seem all that useful to me. The page
> can't size anything in those units. All it can work with is CSS pixels
> with
> the current zoom.

It can size popup windows which use the same unit. Things that are sized
in CSS pixels have no use of the screen's width.

I think some browsers use this unit for <meta viewport> and
devicePixelRatio as well, though I haven't checked how that's specced.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software