Re: [css-overflow-clipping] First Draft of Overflow Clipping now available!

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 16:06:54 -0700
To: "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> * orphans, widows (again, does BFC contain this?)

Actually, I don't think these apply.  Even without them, you have to
lay out the element's contents when it crosses a soft fragmentation
boundary.  Restricting them wouldn't gain us anything.

The break-* properties still apply, because, for example, a long
column with a clipped element halfway down might break the column and
drastically affect what I can see at the top of the second column.