Re: [css-overflow-clipping] First Draft of Overflow Clipping now available!

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Actually, discussing this with Ojan just now, we realized that the
>> feature isn't currently sufficient to allow this optimization.  There
>> are still a few things that have "global" effects, like counter
>> increments.  To address this properly, we'll need to sandbox counter
>> scopes, and make sure there's nothing else that leaks out of an
>> element.
>
> What is the full list of effects that need to be restricted?

Looking through the list at
<https://www.w3.org/Style/Group/all-properties> (and ignoring obsolete
drafts), I'm getting the following properties with "global" effects:

* counter-increment and counter-set (counter-reset on descendants is
fine, because its effects are scoped already)
* bookmark-*
* break-* (or does BFC contain this?)
* orphans, widows (again, does BFC contain this?)
* flow-from and flow-into
* I think the element becoming a BFC means that 'direction' is fine.
* page-group
* string-set

I believe this is everything.