Re: [css-values] The length unit 'Q' (quarter of millimeter)

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 2:38 AM, MURAKAMI Shinyu <murakami@antenna.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose adding a length unit, 'Q' (1Q = 0.25mm).
>
> The unit 'Q' is very common in Japanese typesetting and
> all major professional typesetting system used in Japan support
> this, for example, InDesign's Japanese version uses 'Q' as font size
> unit by default setting.
>
> I think the unit 'Q' is not only necessary for Japanese typesetting
> professionals but also useful for many other people worldwide using
> the international standard metric system.
>
> See the following article for more details about 'Q':
>
>   Font size in the metric system (by Toshi Omagari)
>   http://tosche.net/2013/10/font-size-in-the-metric-system_e.html

I'm fine with this.  Typographic units in general probably need more love.

Note that CSS is ASCII case-insensitive, so the dimension could also
be spelled as just 'q'.

I find it slightly ironic that a metric unit is used in a dyadic fraction. ^_^