Re: [css-variables][css-cascade] interaction of variables with "initial", "inherit", "default" and the "all" shorthand

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 7:11 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 7:00 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
>>   var-foo: 16px !important !important;
>>   font-size: var(foo)
>>
>> is this equivalent to:
>>
>>   font-size: 16px !important;
>
> According to the current Syntax spec, yes.  "Consume a declaration"
> will strip the last !important off and make the custom property
> important, with the value "16px !important".

I think that's both wrong-in-principle and a surprising change from
2.1.  Specifically, the 2.1 syntax allows there to be at most one ! in
between the : and the ; for a property value and I think we ought to
keep it that way.

zw