Re: Holy grail layout using Flexbox

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 1:14 AM, Mark <markg85@gmail.com> wrote:
> @Tab atkins
> Your solution works. However, the <nav> element (which should show
> before the <div id="content"> element is completely gone in your
> solution. Is there a way to get that one showing again? If that would
> be possible then your solution is perfect i guess.

Sorry, I was giving example code, not copying your precise markup.
Obviously, you'd put the <nav> in your current page structure in place
of the <aside> in my example code.

> @fantasai
> I haven't tried your solution because it involves making a wrapper
> div. I think wrapper divs should not be needed anymore in todays
> bleeding edge CSS3. I know that doing something like:
> <header></header>
> <footer></footer>
> would probably work just fine because <div id="wrapper"> would in fact
> only contain singleline stuff as far as flexbox is concerned. But that
> is - in my opinion - not a neat solution.

You need wrapper <div>s when creating two-dimensional layouts with
Flexbox.  Don't fight it, it's okay.  Grid will solve your problem
better when it's ready (soon).