Re: [css3-align] Some questions about justify-self

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Christian Biesinger
<cbiesinger@chromium.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 4:03 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Christian Biesinger
>> <cbiesinger@chromium.org> wrote:

>>> Ah. OK, that makes sense. Looking at the code, that shouldn't be too
>>> hard to implement, I think.
>>
>> For guidance, check out the Flexbox Baselines section
>> <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-flexbox/#flex-baselines>, which is very
>> precise and explains how to handle cases when there's no appropriate
>> baseline in a particular direction.
>
> Does this mean that the synthesized baseline may have to be used also
> for justify-content: baseline?
>
> Just to make sure I understand this correctly - in this case:
> http://plexode.com/eval3/#s=aekVQXANJVQMbAx1yAXgePQMOWEZDTEpVDktWVFVKR1oORFBPVUauGwFDQlRGTUpPRhyaHz1PvwEBlZeZm52foZxToblIDk5QRUayV0ZTp0RCTQ5NUxwBiw6IslG5TL0nSlOmw1RWQx8lSlcdEO/x9nK+T8LETCaTieUCiLDMU5PZ7RabVa7Zbbdb7hcayXBISBIKZGLTgRIORSyCYRKJZXo0IysJ5FALzeoQfa/X76D4DLwA
>
> "First" and "Second" should be aligned, right?

Upon re-reading the baseline paragraph, I noticed that it only applies
to table cells (and grid and flex).

Is that a useful constraint? I was originally thinking that this was
basically for equivalence with vertical-align:baseline, but that would
only make sense for align-content:baseline, not for
justify-content:baseline.

So I'm thinking it would make more sense to either not apply
j-c:baseline to block containers, or to support it for all block
containers. Thoughts?

-christian