Re: [mediaqueries4] Media queries for multichannel audio ?

On Mar 20, 2013, at 9:44 AM, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen wrote:

> Well CSS is defined at arms length :-) but I understand the difficulty
> in defining the common viewing distance (in arms lengths) for TVs.
>
> Do you have some optimal viewing distance given the screen size. With
> that in mind, a right upscaling (device pixel ratio or device dots per
> pixel - dppx) could be defined for TV browsers, given the screen
> resolution.

That would be needed to solve the general problem of the CSS pixel definition for TVs and therefore the physical size that things-measured-in-CSS-pixels should be rendered.

That's actually not the problem I'm trying to solve. When it comes to rendering video full-screen, you always fill the screen with the video, however near or far the user is sitting. So things appear bigger to users with bigger screens, unlike things-measured-in-CSS-pixels. And so to decide on the appropriate resolution to serve I need to query the physical resolution.

…Mark