Re: lazy loading for images via css

Felipe Nascimento de Moura wrote:

> Ads, in pages! This way we would be able to prioritise the content,
> leaving the ads to be loaded afterwards...specially, after the user has
> recognised exactly where main the will be;

I rather suspect that, if this  became common practice, the advertising
suppliers would add a term to their contract that barred its use, or
would pay a much lower fee for adverts used on pages with delayed
editorial.

Also note that it may be easier to stream requests for images if they
are downloaded early, and, if the browser is able to schedule its
processing sufficiently to do this, it can probably work out which
images are visible for itself.

--
David Woolley