Re: [css3-mediaqueries][css-device-adapt] Combining @viewport with the Fullscreen API

Yes, for fullscreen you want to be able to control whether it should
change orientation or not. Just like a fullscreen HTML5 video playing
on the iPhone never changes direction (or at least it didn't use to,
don't know about latest version). On my older iPhone, when you click
on a HTML5 video element, it opens up and transitions into
landscape+fullscreen mode while doing so and then locks in that mode.

The 'orientation' property is a hint and should be ignored in normal
chrome mode.

>From the editor's draft:

This descriptor is used to request that a document is displayed in
portrait or landscape mode. For a UA/device where the orientation is
changed upon tilting the device, an author can use this descriptor to
inhibit the orientation change. The descriptor should be respected for
standalone web applications, and when the document is displayed in
fullscreen. It is recommended that it is ignored for normal web
navigation to avoid confusing the user.

--
Kenneth Rohde Christiansen
Senior Engineer, WebKit, Qt, EFL