Re: [css-regions] Editorial comment on content chain order

On 7/26/13 1:06 AM, "François REMY" <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com> wrote:

>> What about:
>>
>> ---
>> it becomes a sibling of that ancestor,
>> following the ancestor along with
>> any other nodes in this situation
>> in DOM order.
>> ---
>
>Seems good to me. I would probably say "following directly" to make it
>clear they're siblings of the ancestor before any other element, but I
>think it's fine.
>

>> We could instead say that
>>
>> ---
>> The descendants of an element or content with
>> a specified flow may themselves have a
>> specified flow. If an element or content
>> has the same specified flow as one of its
>> ancestors, it moves to the named flow in
>> place in DOM order within its ancestor.
>> ---
>
>Not a big fan of that one. It's not obvious how you can actually know
>that it's the case and it doesn't help to solve the case where you have
>
>    div.in-flow-a
>   > div.in-flow-b
>   >> div.in-flow-a

Right now, the CSSRegions spec mentions:
"Content in a named flow is sequenced in document order". I believe this
sentence addresses a concern in a previous mail in the thread about "We
could also add a note saying that the content-flow basically follows the
DOM order."

What if instead of the following paragraph:
"The children of an element or content with a specified flow may
themselves have a specified flow. If an element or content has the same
specified flow as one of its ancestors, it becomes the next sibling of its
closest ancestor with the same specified flow."

we say something like:
"The children of an element or content with a specified flow may
themselves have a specified flow, in which case they become the next
sibling of the latest element or content collected in that flow. In some
cases, the child can become the next sibling for one of its ancestors in
the same flow".

We can also add an example if the one in Note 4 is not enough.

M.