Re: [css-text] text-shadow and inset

From: Zack Weinberg <zackw@panix.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 13:24:53 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> Due to persistent developer requests, we're planning on implementing
> 'inset' for text-shadow in Blink.

Assuming this does the same thing that 'inset' does on box-shadow, +1
from the web developer's perspective.  There are desirable effects
which are nigh-impossible to get without it, such as the appearance of
"letterpress" type (that is, each letter depressed below the 'surface'
of the display).

However, with my Gecko hat on, I have no idea whether this would be
difficult for us to implement. :-/

zw