[css-regions][css-break] Positioned elements inside regions (was RE: [css-regions] Review of W3C tests)

From: François REMY <francois.remy.dev@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 00:27:24 +0200
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
My only spec-related question concerns the region-breaking behavior of positioned elements.

My proposal regarding this issue is to simply specify that the absolutely positioned elements do not break inside regions and are computed relatively to the region their nearest previous (displayed & in-flow) sibling belongs to, or the first region in the chain if they haven't any. They can overflow the region as necessary.

This is a clarification over the undefinedness of [css-break] and it would overrule any behavior happening across pages right now.

Best regards,
Francois