Re: [css-syntax] string to number feedback

From: Marc O'Morain <marc@marcomorain.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 17:46:17 +0100
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Simon Sapin <simon.sapin@exyr.org>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Marc O'Morain <marc@marcomorain.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have another question – section "5.4.3 Consume a qualified rule"
> doesn't match the railroad diagram for "Qualified rule" in section
> 5.1.
>
> 5.4.3 says that a qualified rule contains a simple block (incorrect I
> think?), whereas the railroad diagram says it contains a declaration
> list (correct I think?).
>
> Marc

Following on from my own post, I think the railroad diagram for
"Qualified rule" is incorrect.

The file at https://gist.github.com/marcomorain/6045647 is not valid
CSS (it has no selector). I have verified this with the tool on
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

> {
>   width: 100%;
> }

This input would be accepted by the railroad diagrams (stylesheet =>
qualified rule => declaration list, bypassing the 'component value' in
the 'qualified rule' diagram). There should not be a route around the
'component value' in 'qualified rule'.

Thanks,

Marc