Re: [css-shapes] restricting <uri> in shape-outside to CORS-same-origin?

On 7/19/13 3:25 PM, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:

>On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
>> The working group decided to put off defining a general fetching policy
>> [1] so I've borrowed from CSS Fonts. The shape-outside property now
>>takes
>> an <image> value, and I've defined how that value is handled like this:
>
>From the minutes of that discussion I think the WG missed the
>implications. E.g. factoring it out later is not an option if you do
>something else here from what's being done for background-image. Seems
>like a bad decision to not carefully consider this.
>

>> Do I need to define what occurs if the cross-origin request status is
>>not
>> a success? My interpretation was that this would result in an invalid
>> image, and if there were no valid images in the <image> value this would
>> result in an invalid declaration.
>
>You'll get a network error. You'll need to define what to do with
>network errors.

I've added this sentence:

---
If this results in network errors such that there is no valid fallback
image, the effect is as if the value 'auto' had been specified.
---

This covers cases where one or more fallback images could be present in an
image() function, some of which might succeed. And the case where all of
the URLs in an image function give a network error but there's a fallback
gradient or color

Thanks,

Alan