Re: [css-masking] 'mask: none' clear all masking operations

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:06:30 -0500
To: "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>
Cc: Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>, "Elika J. Etemad" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
On Jul 16, 2013 6:47 AM, "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Well, to "image('foo')", but yeah.
>

> Personally I think having url() support unquoted URLs, but image()
requiring quotes, is horrid.

I think having url() support unquoted is horrible to start with. ^_^

We'd have to either support it in the parser (horrible), or have it with
subtly but significantly different error-recovery behavior (also horrible).

I think cutting the knot by just having inquired URLs not allowed in any
new URL functions is the best of several bad options.

~TJ