Re: [css-masking] 'mask: none' clear all masking operations

From: Florian Rivoal <florian@rivoal.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 21:17:34 +0200
To: "Robert O'Callahan" <robert@ocallahan.org>
Cc: www-style <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 00:51:07 +0200, Robert O'Callahan
<robert@ocallahan.org> wrote:

> A grave problem with #4 is that "-webkit-mask: url(...)" would not work
> if you just unprefix it blindly.

That certainly is annoying, but it shouldn't be blocking us. Being able to
make these changes
is what we had prefixes for in the first place. Now, I agree that they are
only moderately
effective for that goal, so we should exercise some degree of care, but
while I am
comfortable rejecting trivial change in the name of compatibility with
prefixed implementations
I don't think we should let this prevent us from doing the right thing
when there is a clear
difference, and I believe there