Re: [css3-writing-modes] Examples of normal, unscaled glyphs work better than width-variant glyphs for text-combine-horizontal

On 7/15/13 3:43 AM, "Koji Ishii" <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp> wrote:

>Hope these examples make sense to agree that there are cases where the
>use of width-variant does not produce the optimal results.

I don't think that was ever in question. I thought the debate was about
resolving on the proper *default* behavior. If with-variant glyphs work
well for the main use-case then it seems an appropriate default.
(Defaults, by definition, are not required to work well in all cases).
Experts at both Adobe and Microsoft have told me that a) 2-3 digits is the
main TCY use-case and b) width-variant glyphs, if any, should be used for
this scenario. So unless we disagree on the feature's main use-case I'm
not sure what prevents a resolution of John's proposal?