Re: [css-regions] restricting flow-from further

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 14:08:59 -0700
To: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com> wrote:
> Do you have a use case for creating a region chain out of list items? Do
> people use lists to create layouts?
>
> Or are you asking me to add an additional caveat that flow-from does not
> apply to elements whose display-extras property resolves to list-item?

Neither.  I'm saying that if you can put a region into a display:block
element, excluding display:list-item elements (which desugar into
"display-outside:block-level; display-inside: block; display-extras:
list-item;", identical to what "display: block" desugars into save the
last property) is just perverse.  It's a restriction for no reason.