Re: [css3-fonts] Case insensitivity of <family-name>

Le 24/01/2013 19:01, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Simon Sapin<simon.sapin@kozea.fr>  wrote:
>> In §5.1 Matching font styles:
>>
>>> 2. If the family name is unquoted and is a generic family name,[…]
>>
>> <generic-family> values are CSS-defined keywords, which §3.1 of css3-values
>> clearly defines as ASCII case-insensitive.
> Probably not appropriate to bring this up as an error quite yet, given
> that we're still discussing the issue of whether they're CI or not.
> ^_^

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I certainly did not mean to say this is an error.
On the contrary, this is the part (for comparison) that is well-defined.
We may or may not change that definition later; that’s another story.
(And since all CSS-defined keywords are ASCII it doesn’t change much.)

The point of my email was that <family-name> (that is, a non-generic
name) is not as well defined as <generic-family>. It’s said to be
case-insensitive, but not what kind. The part of css3-values about
pre-defined keywords applies to <generic-family> but not <family-name>.

--
Simon Sapin