Re: [css3-page] comments on last ED

On 22/02/13 16:37, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

> I will not ask you to explain why the spec took more that ten years
> (in part) under your editorhip and chairmanship

If you mean the chairmanship that increased the number of PRs and
RECs from strictly zero between 1998 and 2008 to many between 2008
and 2012, I feel totally fine about it, thanks for reminding us :-)

> But I will ask you to explain why you think it's "bad for the W3C
> Process" that YesLogic and AntennaHouse implemented a CR?

Sure. Implementing a CR that has been modified/fixed/improved during
nine years after that, it's not an experimental implementation any
more; or it's not a REC track any more. The W3C Process never expected
a 9 years period after CR and I remind you we're still not at REC. And
given the state of GCPM in dev.w3.org, I would say that the REC is not
in sight at all.

So we're going to be forced to standardize what AntennaHouse and
YesLogic have been shipping for so long because in the end, yes,
implementations do matter.
But one 50-pages document sitting for 14 years in the same WG is a
totally broken process, I don't think anyone can say the contrary.

</Daniel>