Re: [css-syntax] value grammar, <value> type and browser implementations

Le 05/02/2013 13:55, François REMY a écrit :
> Nice! However, I still have one use case in mind the new syntax
> doesn't solve (in an elegant way): the operator symbols.
>
>      selector {
>         a: if(get(b)==none && get(c)<=2) { 0% } else { 100% };
>         b: some;
>         c: 3;
>      }
>
>      sub-selector {
>         b: none;
>         c: 1;
>      }

These are perfectly fine as far as Syntax is concerned.

> I would prefer the grammar of a property value to accept any token
> inside a block except block terminators <},],)> and not just a
> limited subset of tokens. But if there's a good reason to limit the
> subset, that's fine.

In the current draft only } ] ) cdo cdc bad-string and bad-url tokens
are parse errors. I think we resolved yesterday to revert to preserving
them in order to allow fine-grained error handling eg. in @media Media
Queries.

--
Simon Sapin