Re: [css-flexbox][css-grid] What is "white space"?

On 22/11/2013 01:14, fantasai wrote:
> On 11/21/2013 08:30 AM, Simon Sapin wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Both specs contain similar text to define flex items and grid items:
>>
>>> [...] each contiguous run of text that is directly contained inside a
>>> flex container is wrapped in an anonymous flex item. However, an
>>> anonymous flex item that contains only white space is not rendered,
>>> as if it were display:none.
>>
>> "white space" is a link to the white-space property:
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/text.html#white-space-prop
>>
>> What does this mean? Is any of the character mentioned in that section considered white space? Or only those collapsed/removed
>> based on the inherited value of the white-space property?
>
> Any of the characters mentioned.

Ok. In that case, I suggest changing "that contains only white space" to
"that contains only code points that would be affected by 'white-space:
normal'"

Or if that makes the sentence too contrived, instead add a sentence:
"White space for this purpose is any code point that would be affected
by 'white-space: normal'."

In either case, have the link on 'white-space: normal', to the same URL.

Do you think that works?

--
Simon Sapin