Re: [css3-background] box-shadow spread rounding (was: [css3] box-shadow specification bug)

Accepting that I may have totally over-engineered this (I blame my German heritage), I was wanting a bit more control over the shape of the ratio function, so I added a cubic bezier function to the mix.

Mathematically it behaves just like the cubic-bezier() function from the transition-timing-function[1] except that I also clamped the y values to [0, 1]. I don't expect authors to be able to specify the control points, but it lets us define the behavior in terms of a specified cubic-bezier, and play with the control points to figure out what they should be (I set what looked like a reasonable default). The end result of the default curve isn't too much different from the current cubic function, but I think it behaves a bit better at small ratios (I'll let others decide if the difference is worth the extra math, but any implementation that includes transitions should already have the code to compute this.)

While I was at it, I also added a visual plot of the ratio function over [0, 1] so you can see what's going on more easily.

Peter

[1] http://drafts.csswg.org/css-transitions/#transition-timing-function