Re: overflow: repeat – Repeating Content for CSS

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Brian Blakely <anewpage.media@gmail.com> wrote:
> Abstract
> --
> Scrolling content which must end at its beginning currently requires
> JavaScript – sometimes mountains of it (and pretty complex, to boot)
> depending on the use case.  "repeat" and associated values for the overflow
> property bring this functionality into the user agent, accelerating for app
> developers their speed to market and level of effort regarding this very
> common design pattern, and doing so in a very familiar way.
>

> Common Use Cases
> --
> * Infinitely-repeating carousels
> * Pickers

It took me a while to understand this from your description, but
you're just describing a scrolling container that "wraps around" at
the end, correct?

I agree that such a thing would be useful.

> Q: What about scroll indicators?
> A: This should be implemented as befits the user agent, but wrapping the
> indicators with the content is one possibility.

This isn't a complete enough answer.  Do you have *any idea* how one
might show a scrollbar that's useful for wrapping scroll?  Without a
good idea, I don't see how anyone can implement this.