Re: [css-ui] transformed outline interoperability

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 16:27:44 +0200, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think it would be weird and ugly if the outline did not transform in
> 3d too, whether it was being used as a purely decorative effect or to
> show focusing. Why should the outline look bizarrely out of place and
> buggy if I were to tilt the rest of my interface down into a 3d plane?
> What if I had a very long form tilted into something like the Star Wars
> opening scroll, with each focus bringing the input close and sending
> everything above it further away? Presto's approach would just look like
> a mistake in that case, and I'd probably need to resort to something
> else to indicate focus (like box shadow).

Well, I can see your point of the containing element of the outlined
element is transformed, then having the outline match the context may make
sense. On the other hand, I am much less convinced about the outline of a
transformed element in a non transformed container.

  - Florian