EPUB using CSS vendor prefixing incorrectly?

From: James Craig <jcraig@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 12:45:41 -0700
To: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
IDPF appears to be specifying a EPUB-specific technology subset prefix using the syntax for the CSS vendor prefix. This strikes me as both problematic (precludes vendor prefixing with this) as well as unnecessary (why not just use the unprefixed properties), but perhaps I'm misunderstanding something.

	 -epub-speak
	 -epub-speak-as

	 -epub-text-align-last
	 -epub-text-emphasis
	 -epub-text-emphasis-color
	 -epub-text-emphasis-style
	 -epub-word-break

http://www.idpf.org/epub/30/spec/epub30-contentdocs.html#sec-css-voice-characteristics
http://www.idpf.org/epub/30/spec/epub30-contentdocs.html#sec-css-text

Could someone please explain whether this is a valid use of the vendor prefix pattern? If it's not, the CSS WG chair should probably reach out to the IDPF and EPUB groups. If this *is* a valid use CSS vendor prefixes, are there any known implementations?