Re: [selectors4][naming] Naming the drag-and-drop pseudo-classes

On Aug 15, 2013, at 11:02 PM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> One particular custom suggestion jumped out at me as an interesting
> possibility: a :drop([active | valid | invalid]) function pseudoclass.
> This not only puts the "drop" part first, which was called out as a
> good thing in several of the feedback entries, it also gives a natural
> extension point.
>
> So, I suggest we make a final decision for this at next week's call,
> and choose between:
>
> 1. :current-drop / :valid-drop / :invalid-drop
> 2. :active-drop / :valid-drop / :invalid-drop
> 3. :drop(active) / :drop(valid) / :drop(invalid)

You don't really need the parentheses in order to get the common word first, nor to make it extendable. You could just have:

:drop-active / :drop-valid / :drop-invalid / :drop-whatever

I'm not a big fan of parentheses in pseudo-classes, and they really aren't needed here.